- 350g of kidney beans (soaked overnight in cold water and drained)
- 4 red or green peppers (sliced)
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower (trimmed and separated into flowerets)
- 450g of french beans (trimmed and sliced)
- 225g of sweet corn
- 175g of brown sugar
- 25g of dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons of mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 litre of vinegar
Cook all the vegetables in salted boiling water until they’re just tender.
Drain them and place them in a large mixing bowl.
Place the vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds and turmeric in a saucepan.
Cook gently until the sugar has dissolved and then bring the mixture to the boil.
Add the vegetables and cook through for a few minutes.
Spoon the pickle into the jar. Cover, seal, and label.
© You Can Cook