- 1 onion or 1 small leek (finely chopped)
- 1/2 stick of celery (finely chopped)
- 2 medium-sized potatoes (finely chop one, and cube the other)
- 285ml of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 150g-200g of smoked haddock or cod
Put all ingredients (apart from the fish) into a pan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Add more milk or water if needed to ensure the contents are covered.
In the meantime, check your fish: remove any skin or bones and then cut or break into bite-size chunks.
When the vegetables have cooked for about 12 – 15 minutes, add the fish and leave in for the remaining cooking time.
Serve with some fresh bread.
©You Can Cook