- 1 cup of whole-grained vermicelli
- 1 1/2 cups of 1st pressed coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups of 2nd pressed coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons of jaggery
- 3 tablespoons of raisins
- 3 tablespoons of broken cashew nuts
- 2 pinches of powdered cardamon
In a heated pan, roast the vermicelli at a low flame for 2-3 minutes, (oil should not be used for this). In a separate saucepan, heat the thinner coconut milk to a boil.
When it begins to boil switch off the flame. Add the vermicelli and cover to keep the heat so that the vermicelli can soften in the milk. After 5 minutes, add all the other ingredients, stir well and taste. Add more sugar or cardamon if needed.
Refrigerate till served.
©You Can Cook